I don’t remember that I have myspace half the time. I never use it, it’s honestly just outgrowing me. I was skimming around on the internets earlier when I came across information about a “Myspace Mail Beta”. That’s right, you will soon be able to have a “@myspace.com” email address. Don’t lie. You know you’ve been waiting for this. Don’t try to contain your excitement!
Aside from the obvious sarcasm in my last remark, I suppose this could be beneficial for people who use myspace for their “real” networking, meaning, not just keeping in touch with friends. There surely are myspace superstars out there who can use an “@myspace.com” email address so that they can give it out on their business cards, or website promos or whatever. It will keep their real inbox clean for people who they actually see in person and are not “myspace fans”
Information as listed on “Mashable.com”
Social Email Features
MySpace is hoping that the combination of a MySpace domain and its social networking features will lure some of its millions of users to take the plunge and create a MySpace Mail account. We’ve been given the core feature list, which MySpace describes as follows:
1. New Mail center provides a snapshot of all your mail activities including messages, sent messages, requests, and notifications
2. Send and receive messages from inside or outside the MySpace network
3. Unlimited file storage
4. One click to embed photos directly from your profile or desktop
5. Send and receive file attachments including music and video
6. Search within Mail using our Google Gears implementation
7. Check out friends’ activities in real time via the new Mail Activity Stream module
8. Address book that automatically saves your contacts
This will be slowly rolling into people’s myspace pages so keep your eyes peeled, myspace superstars. Peace.