today is an awesome day! it’s 9/9/09. These anomalies only happen every now and then- and I enjoy them immensely when they do! 9/9/09 has many stigmas about it, as well as a fantastic animated movie about the apocalypse- somewhat of a matrix-ish movie. I’m going to list off a few superstitions or facts about the 9th day of the 9th month of the 2009′th year. Readyyyyyy…. GO!
- In Japanese, nine has a homophone which means “suffering”. The number is considered highly unlucky. Four sounds like death.
- The Japanese will avoid any room number that is the number nine. It goes so far as to extend to hotels and hospitals. Some building planners have eliminated them all together.
- September 9th is the 252nd day of the year- which pans out to be 2+5+2= 9
- Pythagoras, who has an obsession with numbers both mathematically and as divine, along with many other mathematicians, said that the number nine had many unique properties.
- Of course you realize that any number multiplied by 9 will break down to be 9. Example: 9×3= 27; 2+7=9…. 9×5=45; 4+5=9. same with two or three digit numbers- 9×62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.
also, quoted from a yahoo website-
In Florida, at least one county clerk’s office is offering a one-day wedding special for $99.99. The rarity of this Sept. 9 hasn’t been lost on the creators of the iPod, who have moved their traditional Tuesday release day to Wednesday to take advantage of the special date. Focus Features is releasing their new film “9,” an animated tale about the apocalypse, on the 9th.
Not only does the date look good in marketing promotions, but it also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we’ll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (mark your calendars for January 1, 3001), depending on how you want to count it.
For cultures in which the number nine is lucky, Sept. 9 is anticipated – while others might see the date as an ominous warning.
SO! enjoy your 252nd day of the year! 9/9/09. Try not to fall into any wells or get abducted by aliens; however, if you feel this day is lucky like some cultures do, then go win the lottery or something. Make sure you email me a good portion of it for letting you know it would happen. BYE!